How to Learn Web Development
- October 1, 2022
- Posted by: Michael Tan
- Category: Education Web Development
The web is the heart of our digital world, and it’s important to understand the basics of web development to be able to navigate the Internet, control your online privacy, and use web services. Web development is an important skill for anyone to have, and it can be quite difficult to learn without the right resources. In this article, we’re going to cover all the basics of web development and how you can learn it.
1. What is web development?
Web development is the process of creating websites, web applications, and mobile apps. It is a combination of different skills, including coding, designing, and more. Web development is a rapidly growing field and is expected to become the number one job in the world by 2020.
2. What are the basics of web development?
Web development is not just about creating websites anymore. With the help of software, web developers can create apps, games, and even more complex websites. This software has made it easier for web developers to create their own apps and games. In order to learn web development, you need to take a look at what is included in the software that you are using. You will also need to find a good instructor or course to learn from. The best way to learn web development is to find a course that is right for you and create projects on what you have learned.
3. How to learn more about web development
If you are interested in learning more about web development, there are many ways to do it.
- The first way is to attend an in-person class. This is a great way to learn the basics but they are often too expensive and there’s no guarantee of the quality of teaching.
- The second way is to learn how to code through online courses. This is a great option if you want to learn more about web development but not necessarily make a website. Though some online courses are not well-made, and some offer courses just to make a profit,
- The third way is to look for online mentors/instructors/coaches that can guide you all the way. While most of us go to YouTube if we like to learn something, and yet having a good mentor/coach can help us reach our learning goals. This means you have to find an online coach that suits your learning style. Every one of us has his/her own way of learning, if we find a mentor/coach whose teaching is easy to understand, then we can make him/her our coach by following his courses, videos, and workshops. But be careful, there are a lot of scammers out there, pretending to know something, asking for payments without showing teaching proofs.
- The fourth way is to learn how to code through books. This is a great option if you are already an expert in web development and want to learn more about programming. But the disadvantage of this is that our technology is continuously developing, and books can be outdated in a very short time.
4. You can try these online courses and resources from these prominent websites:
W3Schools – This will help you learn the foundations and principles of a specific programming language.
Codecademy – This will help you learn about the basics up to advanced skills and career paths.
Scrimba – This site will help you focus on learning in web development
Freecodecamp – This will guide you into the first steps of learning web development and programming.
Learn Computer Today – This is a new site that will help and guide you from the very foundation to advanced learning. Training is mostly done through actual coding, with real-world project submissions. Where instructors are easy to reach and have hands-on guidance for each course.
Others – There are a lot of websites to mention that offer online courses with good quality content, We can try them and see for ourselves, where we can learn the most,