Michael Garcia Tan – Learn Computer Today
Founder, Instructor and DevOps Engineer at Learn Computer Today Philippines
Michael Garcia Tan was Born in La-Union in 1975 by Virgilio Tan and Rosita Garcia. He grew up in Pasay together with his mother and took his primary education at Padre Burgos Elementary School in Pasay. He later took his secondary education at Pasay City West High School and studied computer programming (major in Cobol) at Datapro Computer School. He also took his Electronics System Technology Program at Internation Electronics and Technical Institute in Pasay City. Later he studied at Pamantasan ng Makati (now the University of Makati) with a Bachelor of Business Administration major in Marketing.
While taking his college degree, he started to work part-time crew in different food chains, restaurants, and hotels to provide for his educational needs. He later applied for a job position in American Power Corporation located at the Export Processing Zone (EPZA) Cavite Philippines as an Electronics Tech and Quality Assurance. Later, he applied for a tech position at Hayakawa Philippines (EPZA) then later transferred to Dyna Image Corporation as an Engineer for Surface Mounted Technology Machines. Later he pursued his Electronics and Computer Career and established his own IT business which served numerous companies, private and government offices, schools, and colleges. By 2011, Michael went back to coding and started his journey in Web Development. He worked for companies, hospitals, and private businesses as a freelance web developer. He continued his learnings and trainings through institutions online and has earned numerous certifications. Some of the institutions were John Hopkins University, UC Davis, California Institute of Arts, Georgia Institute of Technology, IBM Education and Technology, Google Education and Training, Cisco, and CompTIA. He also received certifications from DICT – Department of Information, Communication and Technology Philippines and TESDA – Technical Education and Skills Development Authority Philippines.
Michael Garcia Tan Profile in a Glance
He has more than 26 years of experience as an IT Professional in the field of Information Technology and Web Development. He has served numerous companies local and abroad as a Freelancer. He started his IT Career in 2001 and Freelancing in 2011 as a Web Developer, Website Designer, Product Developer, Graphic Designer and Software Engineer.
He likes to pursue the Masters Degree in Computer Science and have taken his Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science at Laguna State Polytechnic University.
His passion is Learning and sharing what he have learned through the years. He is also the Director of ACLP -Philippines, Association of Computer Learners in the Philippines.
Michael Garcia Tan’s Experience
- He is currently the Senior Web Developer, Software Engineer, DevOps Engineer and Training Coach at Learn Computer Today Philippines.
- He worked as a Freelance Web Developer for companies like Big Metal Buildings USA, John’s Airsoft Philippines, Gentri Doctors Hospital, Alveo Land Residences, and others.
- He has served numerous companies, businesses and government agency as an IT Specialist.
- He worked as Tech Lead, System Administrator, IT Support, Hardware and Software Tech since year 2000.
- He has served as an Automatic Machine Maintenance Engineer at companies like; Dyna Image Corporation, American Power Corporation Philippines, Hayakawa Philippines and more.
Badges and Certification Received
- IBM Full Stack Software Developer Professional Certificate – IBM Skills Network
- IBM DevOps and Software Engineering Professional Certificate – IBM Skills Network
- IBM Technical Support Professional Certificate – IBM Skills Network
- Google IT Support Professional Certificate – Grow with Google
- IBM Python for Data Science, AI and Development – IBM Skills Network
- Cloud Computing – IBM Skills Network
- Software Developer Certificate – LinkedIn Learning USA
- Python Developer Certificate – LinkedIn Learning USA
- Cybersecurity for IT Professionals – CompTIA Continuing Education
- CompTIA A+ – CompTIA and DICT Philippines
- Python Programming – DICT Philippines
- Computer Systems Servicing NC II – TESDA Philippines
- a lot more training certifications
Michael Garcia Tan’s Education
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science – Laguna State Polytechnic University – Los Banos, Laguna
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration Major in Marketing – University of Makati
- Computer Programming – Datapro Computer School Pasay
- Electronics System Technology – International Electronics Technological Institute Pasay
Social Media Profiles
Linkedin Profile http://www.linkedin.com/in/michael-garcia-tan-b577ba211
YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/@LearnComputerToday
Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/LearnComputerToday
Official website https://learncomputertoday.net/
Enroll Today at Learn Computer Today